Overcoming Autistic Burnout in an Age of Hustle Culture w/ Louise @neurodivergent_lou
What impact does hustle culture have on autistic people? In this episode, Livia chats with Louise AKA @neurodivergent_lou on how to navigate autistic burnout, the importance of slowing down, and how to lead a meaningful life in a society that is obsessed with productivity. Lou answers the following questions:
- What does day-to-day life feel like for you when it comes to time?
- We live in a society of “hustle culture.” What do you believe are some additional pressures us autistics face when it comes to work and productivity?
- How do the societal expectations around productivity contribute to autistic burnout?
- On Instagram, you recently shared how you’ve been unable to keep up with the pace of life in the same way when you were younger. Can you elaborate on that?
- How have you started slowing down in life, and what impact has this had on your physical and mental health?
- Part of slowing down means letting go of activities that fill up your time with “busy work.” What activities have you specifically incorporated or let go of?
- I believe slowing down can help us feel more present, and thus live a more meaningful life. What does a meaningful life mean to you?
Connect with Lou:
Connect with Livia:
Buy my books! https://www.livlabelfreebooks.com
Schedule a coaching call: https://www.livlabelfree.com/schedule
This episode is sponsored by Nuzest. Nuzest Clean Lean Protein is a 100% plant-based protein powder made from premium European golden peas. Allergen-free, sensory-friendly, and lab tested to ensure the highest quality vegan protein! Get 20% off Nuzest worldwide: https://livlabelfree.com/nuzest