The Reason Why Your Extreme Hunger is NOT Binge Eating Disorder
What's the difference between Extreme Hunger and Binge Eating Disorder? A very common fear in recovery from a restrictive eating disorder is that one is "swinging to the other side" now that they are eating a lot of food. In this episode, I unpack this fear and explain why you are probably NOT developing Binge Eating Disorder. You'll learn:
- Why you may feel you are becoming a binge eater in recovery
- The 5 criteria for Binge Eating Disorder (BED) according to the DSM-5
- The defining criterion that differentiates Extreme Hunger from BED
- What Energy Deficit & Energy Debt have to do with overeating
- Why you crave high-calorie, nutrient-dense "junk" food in recovery
I also provide you with a metaphor + tangible tips for making this process of requiring a lot of food more bearable!
Get on the WAITLIST for my Extreme Hunger Course HERE!
Schedule a FREE consultation call for 1:1 Coaching HERE!
Link to the DSM-5 Criteria for Binge Eating Disorder HERE